The Kent Fitness League have announced their provisional dates for the coming season as listed below.
Match 1 – 2023-11-12 11:00 Swanley Park, Swanley
Match 2 – 2023-11-19 11:00 Oxleas Wood, Eltham
Match 3 – 2023-11-26 09:00 Knole Park, Sevenoaks
Match 4 – 2024-01-07 11:00 Minnis Bay, Birchington
Match 5 – 2024-01-14 11:00 Betteshanger Park, Deal
Match 6 – 2024-02-04 11:00 Allhallows, Haven Holiday Park
Match 7 – 2024-02-25 11:00 Blean Woods, Rough Common, Canterbury
The rules for this league remain the same, with elite runners barred (sub-34 10k men, sub-38 10k ladies). However if you don’t fall into this category, then you can register by completing the following steps:
- Email Sean email@example.com to confirm you would like to register.
- Pay £12 to the Medway and Maidstone bank account (details below) which covers the cost of your race number/chip timing for the season
Ref: “KFL [SURNAME]”
Bank: CAF Bank
Account name: Medway and Maidstone AC
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Account no: 00018036
The deadline for all entries to the league is 30th September, so please let Sean know as soon as possible so that he can get our team entry in. Also, it would be great to get more people running for us in this league, particularly given the friendly nature of the league. If you have any running friends, family or club mates that you think may be interested, please send them my way. We have a cheaper membership option for people who only want to compete in the KFL. The KFL is a great introduction to cross country for those that have never tried it before, or even good races for anyone looking to get back in shape for the Kent League or other XC races.
Some other information about the league, in case you’re unfamiliar
- Each race is about 5 miles long, and it is one race for both men and women and all age categories
- Individual competition is best 5 races out of the 7. Team competition is best 6 out of the 7.
- There are prizes throughout the age categories, and we also need runners in each category for the team competition, which includes an additional lady this year, per the new rules.
- Each race costs an additional £2 which is payable on the day
- Minimum age to compete is 17
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sean Rodwell.